Android BackupManager Full data backup does not have consent

Viewed 1645

I was testing auto backup using bmgr and couldn't get it to work.

I've got allowBackup="true" in the manifest and of course it's enabled on the device.

Does anyone know what INELIGIBLE_DOLLY_CONSENT is?

09-12 19:16:27.163 783-11562/? I/PFTBT: Initiating full-data transport backup of com.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxx
09-12 19:16:27.166 1371-1640/? I/Backup: [GmsBackupTransport] Attempt to do full backup on com.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxx
09-12 19:16:27.173 1371-1640/? W/Backup: [EligibilityFilter] Rejecting backup of com.com.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxx. Full data backup does not have consent
09-12 19:16:27.173 1371-1640/? W/Backup: [GmsBackupTransport] Rejecting package com.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxx for full backup because ineligible (INELIGIBLE_DOLLY_CONSENT).
09-12 19:16:27.175 783-11562/? I/PFTBT: Transport rejected backup of com.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxx, skipping
09-12 19:16:27.175 783-11562/? I/PFTBT: Full backup completed.
2 Answers

Had the same problem (Transport rejected package because it wasn't able to process it at the time when executing adb shell bmgr backupnow com.myapp and INELIGIBLE_DOLLY_CONSENT in logcat).

Solved it just by disabling and re-enabling backup in the phone settings.

I got it to work after re-adding my Google account:

  1. Go to Settings and choose Accounts;
  2. Tap on the Google account;
  3. Click on the three dots icon;
  4. Tap on Remove Account.

After that, click on Add Account to add your Google account back.

Related