Not able to run Pyinstaller executable on Linux

Viewed 9359

I am trying out pyinstaller for the first time. I created a file named hello.py with just one line of code:

print "hello"

I used the following command to make a binary:

pyinstaller hello.py

The process completed successfully and a binary was created at dist/hello. I am not able to run this binary file. When I tried to run it from the terminal, I got,

bash: .: hello: cannot execute binary file

I tried to double click it from nautilus but nothing is happening. How can I run this binary file?

I am using Ubuntu 16.04

2 Answers

for linux (tested on ubuntu 16.04 python3) pyinstaller hello.py --onefile it create one file named hello. Then go inside dist folder use terminal cd dist. Then ./hello. Looks not as windows way , but work. ./hello is something like , run outside...

Related