I have a django site deployed to heroku and regular static files are working, but admin static files are not.
EDIT: I am using gunicorn but after some further research, it seems that I might need to use something like nginx in conjunction with gunicorn to accomplish what I'm looking for. Can anyone advise on that possibly?
Here's my settings.py
PROJECT_ROOT = os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(__file__))
STATIC_ROOT = os.path.join(PROJECT_ROOT, 'static')
STATIC_URL = '/static/'
STATIC_FILES_STORAGE = 'whitenoise.storage.CompressedManifestStaticFilesStorage'
STATICFILES_DIRS = [os.path.join(PROJECT_ROOT, "staticfiles")]
These settings work to serve my normal static files, but like I said, the admin files are not working. I get a 404 in the console when it tries to load the static files. What I'm presented with when I go to the admin URL is a page with no css. Just raw browser displaying the login fields and title. I can't tell if it's a limitation of whitenoise and I need to host files elsewhere, or if I'm missing something. I'd prefer to keep everything within heroku as it's free for me now.