How to customize the Mac OSX login?

Viewed 2291

I need to customize the whole login screen and functionality for any Apple`s Macbook.

The general idea is to have control under the user credentials to authenticate this user on a external authentication server.

Thus, it's important to customize the UI, like adding a new TextField for a second password input or displaying a image like a QR Code.

What I have done so far

After digging some research, I`ve found out only two relevant projects:

1 - https://github.com/skycocker/NameAndPassword

However it is from 4 years ago and it seems outdated.

2 - https://developer.apple.com/library/content/samplecode/PreLoginAgents/Introduction/Intro.html

And I've deployed the sample code for the PreLoginAgent from Apple, however it only opens an external application on login.

What I'm looking for

  • What is the most appropriated way to handle a customization inside the Mac OSX authentication?

Note: I'm looking for a solution where I can avoid breaking out the login as well.

1 Answers
Related