I have a web api that I created and is able to take a JSON object post so long as the object Content-Type is application/json. We want to use protobuf from mobile devices to send data to the web api. If I switch the Content-type to x-protobuf and despite having this formatter added to my WebApiConfig
config.Formatters.Add(new ProtoBufFormatter());
When I use the Chrome extension "Advanced Rest Client" or Fiddler, it looks like the Web Api will send out a serialized response when I do a Get, but I do not see it receiving the post request when set to protobuf.
The test method header from the Controller class looks like this so far:
[HttpPost]
public override async Task<LoginResponse> Post([FromBody]LoginRequest request)
{...}
What more do I need to ensure that my WebApi will de-serialize the protobuf-serialized request.
What do you need to see to help? Please and thank you for your consideration.