How can I reduce the size of rosyln folder in asp.net mvc project?

Viewed 617

I am developing an asp.net mvc 5 application with .net f/w 4.7 using C# which eventually will be deployed to azure.

Looking into the bin folder (both Debug and Release) after building my project I found a roslyn folder 15.7MB in size.

Investigating further I found couple of huge dll's such as Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.VisualBasic , Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp and Microsoft.CodeAnalysis to name a few.

Additionally there is vbc.exe (Visual Basic Compiler) which I am not using since I'm developing with C#

Following is a screen grab of my roslyn folder and nuget packages

Rosyln Folder

Nuget Packages

My question is

How can I reduce the size of the rosyln folder by identifying and removing unnecessary dll's specially vb related dll's.

Researching I found these msdn, so,so1 links which explain the some C# 6 features will be unavailable if I uninstall Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform so is that a real viable solution going forward?

Help.

1 Answers
Related