Swift set some string value to file's attribute

Viewed 1554

According to Apple's document, we can set lots of attributes for a file

A dictionary containing as keys the attributes to set for path and as values the corresponding value for the attribute. You can set the following attributes: busy, creationDate, extensionHidden, groupOwnerAccountID, groupOwnerAccountName, hfsCreatorCode, hfsTypeCode, immutable, modificationDate, ownerAccountID, ownerAccountName, posixPermissions. You can change single attributes or any combination of attributes; you need not specify keys for all attributes.

I want to set an extra parameter for a file. The parameter is a String, I can't find any attribute that I can set String. For example, I tried

try FileManager.default.setAttributes([FileAttributeKey.ownerAccountName: NSString(string: "0B2TwsHM7lBpSMU1tNXVfSEp0RGs"), FileAttributeKey.creationDate: date], ofItemAtPath: filePath.path)

But when I load keys

let keys = try FileManager.default.attributesOfItem(atPath: filePath.path)
print(keys)

I only get .creationDate changed

[__C.FileAttributeKey(_rawValue: NSFileType): NSFileTypeRegular,
__C.FileAttributeKey(_rawValue: NSFilePosixPermissions): 420,
__C.FileAttributeKey(_rawValue: NSFileSystemNumber): 16777220,
__C.FileAttributeKey(_rawValue: NSFileReferenceCount): 1,
__C.FileAttributeKey(_rawValue: NSFileGroupOwnerAccountName): staff,
__C.FileAttributeKey(_rawValue: NSFileSystemFileNumber): 8423614,
__C.FileAttributeKey(_rawValue: NSFileGroupOwnerAccountID): 20,
__C.FileAttributeKey(_rawValue: NSFileModificationDate): 2017-08-16 06:03:57 +0000, 
__C.FileAttributeKey(_rawValue: NSFileCreationDate): 1970-01-01 00:33:20 +0000, 
__C.FileAttributeKey(_rawValue: NSFileSize): 9795,
__C.FileAttributeKey(_rawValue: NSFileExtensionHidden): 0,
__C.FileAttributeKey(_rawValue: NSFileOwnerAccountID): 501]

Is there any way that I can set string value to FileAttribute?

1 Answers
Related