ETL process to transfer data from one Db to another using Apache Spark

Viewed 1067

I need to create an ETL process that will extract, tranform & then load 100+ tables from several instances of SQLServer to as many instances of Oracle in parallel on a daily basis. I understand that I can create multiple threads in Java to accomplish this but if all of them run on the same machine this approach won't scale. Another approach could be to get a bunch of ec2 instances & start transferring tables for each instance on a different ec2 instance. With this approach, though, I would have to take care of "elasticity" by adding/removing machines from my pool.

Somehow I think I can use "Apache Spark on Amazon EMR" to accomplish this, but in the past I've used Spark only to handle data on HDFS/Hive, so not sure if transferring data from one Db to another Db is a good use case for Spark - or - is it?

1 Answers
Related