R string cleaning

Viewed 1667

I working with some strings that is very messy as shown below

 Value
 -------------------
 25 
 32.12 .  (05- 
 33.90 ,
 46.70 ,
 () 26.60
 27.2  
 23.24 .  (12-
 36.52 ,
 27.1814404432133 [
 29.73 .  (22-
 31.8058003525076 [
 35.40 ,
 38.44 . 
 46.14 ,
 29.26 [
 25.44 .

I am not sure how to clean this efficiently such that this looks like this.

 Value
 -------------------
 25 
 32.12  
 33.90
 46.70
 26.60
 27.2  
 23.24
 36.52
 27.1814404432133
 29.73
 31.8058003525076
 35.40
 38.44
 46.14
 29.26
 25.44

I tried using sub function, sub(" .*", '', Value) to capture everything before space but that did not work, so looking for some suggestions or tips on how to clean this string.

Value <- c(" 25 \n", "  32.12 .  (05-", "33.90 ,\n", "46.70 ,\n", " () 26.60 ", 
           " 27.2  ", "  23.24 .  (12-", "36.52 ,\n", " 27.1814404432133\n\n[", 
           "  29.73 .  (22-", " 31.8058003525076\n\n[", "35.40 ,\n", "  38.44 .\n", 
           "46.14 ,\n", " 29.26\n\n[", "  25.44 .\n")
df <- data.frame(Value) 
3 Answers
Related