How can be defined that debuggable=true is enabled in releaseBuildConfig, but just for a specific set of flavors:
This is the example code, including the trial (which does not work):
flavorDimensions "project", "environment"
productFlavors {
basic {
dimension "project"
}
advanced {
dimension "project"
}
flavorDevelopment {
dimension "environment"
applicationId "ch.myproject.app.development"
debuggable true // this does not work
}
flavorTest {
dimension "environment"
applicationId "ch.myproject.app.test"
debuggable true // this does not work
}
flavorIntegration {
dimension "environment"
applicationId "ch.myproject.app.integration"
debuggable true // this does not work
}
flavorProduction {
dimension "environment"
applicationId "ch.myproject.app.production"
// just here debuggble has to be on the default (in buildTypes.debug = on AND in buildTypes.release = off )
// this is working
}
the "debuggable true" statements wont work in the code example above. But it should give you an impression, what I try to make.
The only productive Release I' gona make is the flavorProduction. There I'm using the default behavior which is working fine.
But all the other internal releases flavorDevelopment, flavorTest, flavor Integration, those I would like to have with enabled debugging capability.
I tried a second approach:
applicationVariants.all { variant ->
// setting all releases expecting the Production one to debuggable
if (!variant.buildType.name.contains("ProductionRelease")) {
variant.buildType.debuggable = true
}
}
But there I'm getting the message:
Error:(132, 0) Cannot set readonly property: debuggable for class: com.android.build.gradle.internal.api.ReadOnlyBuildType
Does anybody know how to configure this with gradle?
thanks in advance luke