NMCLI device unavailable

Viewed 18139

I am trying to configure a new unit with a cellular interface on ubuntu core 16.04. I have NMCLI package running on it. Before I added my connection I checked the Interfaces

# nmcli dev
DEVICE    TYPE      STATE         CONNECTION         
eth1      ethernet  connected     Wired connection 1 
wlan0     wifi      disconnected  --                 
eth0      ethernet  unavailable   --                 
cdc-wdm0  gsm       unavailable   --                 
lo        loopback  unmanaged     --     

I added my connection:

nmcli con add type gsm ifname cdc-wdm0 con-name MyConnection apn myapn.com

Finally I have tried bringing connection up by running:

nmclil con up MyConnection 
Error: Connection activation failed: No suitable device found for this connection

Also I have pasted the output of the Config applied:

# nmcli -p con show MyConnection

                  Connection profile details (MyConnection)

connection.id:                          MyConnection
connection.uuid:                        25dc3eec-ca8a-4861-bfcc-089d558972d4
connection.interface-name:              cdc-wdm0
connection.type:                        gsm
connection.autoconnect:                 yes
connection.autoconnect-priority:        0
connection.timestamp:                   0
connection.read-only:                   no
connection.permissions:                 
connection.zone:                        --
connection.master:                      --
connection.slave-type:                  --
connection.autoconnect-slaves:          -1 (default)
connection.secondaries:                 
connection.gateway-ping-timeout:        0
connection.metered:                     unknown
connection.lldp:                        -1 (default)

ipv4.method:                            auto
ipv4.dns:                               
ipv4.dns-search:                        
ipv4.dns-options:                       (default)
ipv4.addresses:                         
ipv4.gateway:                           --
ipv4.routes:                            
ipv4.route-metric:                      -1
ipv4.ignore-auto-routes:                no
ipv4.ignore-auto-dns:                   no
ipv4.dhcp-client-id:                    --
ipv4.dhcp-timeout:                      0
ipv4.dhcp-send-hostname:                yes
ipv4.dhcp-hostname:                     --
ipv4.dhcp-fqdn:                         --
ipv4.never-default:                     no
ipv4.may-fail:                          yes
ipv4.dad-timeout:                       -1 (default)

ipv6.method:                            auto
ipv6.dns:                               
ipv6.dns-search:                        
ipv6.dns-options:                       (default)
ipv6.addresses:                         
ipv6.gateway:                           --
ipv6.routes:                            
ipv6.route-metric:                      -1
ipv6.ignore-auto-routes:                no
ipv6.ignore-auto-dns:                   no
ipv6.never-default:                     no
ipv6.may-fail:                          yes
ipv6.ip6-privacy:                       -1 (unknown)
ipv6.addr-gen-mode:                     stable-privacy
ipv6.dhcp-send-hostname:                yes
ipv6.dhcp-hostname:                     --

gsm.number:                             *99#
gsm.username:                           <hidden>
gsm.password:                           <hidden>
gsm.password-flags:                     0 (none)
gsm.apn:                                myapn.com
gsm.network-id:                         --
gsm.pin:                                <hidden>
gsm.pin-flags:                          0 (none)
gsm.home-only:                          no
gsm.device-id:                          --
gsm.sim-id:                             --
gsm.sim-operator-id:                    --

My question is how do I enable the unavailable device and why is it unavailable? What can I check to help me resolve my issue.

Any help would be great as I am only starting on Snappy.

1 Answers
Related