python2.7 MySQLdb syntax error when inserting a list

Viewed 86

I am trying to insert the scraped data into a MySQL database.....I found all the codes I needed so far from the internet but can understand most of it.......here is my code:

import MySQLdb
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
import requests
r  = requests.get("http://www.metalinjection.net/")
data = r.text
soup = BeautifulSoup(data, "lxml")

news = soup.find_all("article", {"class": "post"}) 
titles = []
for tits in news:
    titles.append(tits.contents[3].find_all("h2", {"class": "title"})
[0].text)
print titles
images = []
for image_link in news:
    images.append(image_link.img['src'])
print images    
for link in news: 
    l1 = link.a['href']

db = MySQLdb.connect(host="localhost",
                     user="admin",
                     passwd="admin",
                     db="lot_data")
t2 =d2 =i2 = "die"
dbc = db.cursor()
db.set_character_set('utf8')
dbc.execute('SET NAMES utf8;')
dbc.execute('SET CHARACTER SET utf8;')
dbc.execute('SET character_set_connection=utf8;')

sql = "insert into lot_data VALUES('%s', '%s', '%s')" % \
 (titles, images , "nothing") 
rows = dbc.execute(sql)
db.commit()
db.close()

when I run the script it gives out the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Python27/ques.py", line 32, in <module>
    rows = dbc.execute(sql)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\cursors.py", line 205, in execute
    self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\connections.py", line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
    raise errorclass, errorvalue
ProgrammingError: (1064, 'You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near \'The Monday Grind: MELLOW HARSHER Served Cold\', u"METALLICA\'s Former Producer Apo\' at line 1')

when I replace titles or images by strings,they get inserted without errors.....also please point me if there is a better, organized way to do the inserting....

1 Answers
Related