Install Monogame on Visual Studio 2017

Viewed 5706

I am trying to install Monogame on VS 2017 however the option on the installer for VS 2017 is greyed out, even though I have VS 2017 installed. I also have VS 2015 and VS 2010 however I am not sure if it is those that are causing a problem. The version of MonoGame is 3.6.0.1625 and I currently have the directory: C:\Users\MY NAME\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#

Please help thanks

enter image description here

4 Answers

OK, simple answer is, that until MonoGame 3.7 drops, you are going to need to download the latest MonoGame Development build from the download page. This is fine as the dev build is still very stable and based off the current MASTER version of MonoGame from source.

MonoGame Development Download

I did a short Video on my "Darkside of MonoGame" channel a while back which walks you through everything you need to know to get up and running using VS017. (there is even a version there for VS2015 :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zphaylhOrm0

Hope this helps.

I was having this same issue. Uninstalling MonoGame then Visual Studio, and reinstalling Visual Studio then MonoGame worked for me.

Related