Page View Controller viewDidLoad() Issues

Viewed 503

I'm learning Swift/Xcode and trying to create an app with three pages that you can swipe back and forth using a Page View Controller. The issues I'm having lie in the UIViewController subclass, more specifically the viewDidLoad() function. I'm getting errors like "value of type 'NameOfMyClass' has no member datasource/delegate" and "use of unresolved identifier "setViewControllers". I've followed many tutorials and checked other posts but no one seems to be having these issues. When I attempted to run this I would get a black screen, and now I get a terminated due to signal 15 error.

Here's the relevant code where the errors are popping up:

import UIKit

class RootPageViewController: UIViewController, 
UIPageViewControllerDataSource, UIPageViewControllerDelegate {

    lazy var viewControllerList:[UIViewController] = {

        return [self.VCInstance(name: "MissionOne"),
                self.VCInstance(name: "MissionTwo"),
                self.VCInstance(name: "MissionThree")]

    }()

    private func VCInstance(name: String) -> UIViewController {
        return UIStoryboard(name: "Main", bundle: 
     nil).instantiateViewController(withIdentifier: name)
    }

    override func viewDidLoad() {
        super.viewDidLoad()
        self.dataSource = self //...has no member 'dataSource' error
        self.delegate = self //...has no member 'delegate' error
        if let MissionOne = viewControllerList.first {
            setViewControllers([MissionOne], direction: .forward, animated: 
         true, completion: nil) 
         //use of unresolved indentifier 'setViewControllers' error
        }

    }

    override func didReceiveMemoryWarning() {
        super.didReceiveMemoryWarning()
        // Dispose of any resources that can be recreated.
    }

The other issue I'm having, and it may be related, is that the Page View Controller is not accepting/recognizing my class file to set as the custom class in the story board.

Thanks in advance for any insight or suggestions.

2 Answers
Related