Using UML Diagrams as clickable objects

Viewed 250

I want to create a site that will be used internally to explain how our lengthy, complex Java code works. I have been able to create some UML Class, Components, and Package Diagrams and want to be able to embed the Diagrams into my site. Obviously, I can embed it as a .png or some other style of image, but what I would like to do, for example, is make it possible for someone to click on a package and have that go into an exploded view of the package's contents.

To try and better clarify my question, I'll try to give a more detailed illustration of what I mean. Suppose I have this UML Diagram of Components and I want each of these Components to be treated as clickable objects, similar to any site that have images that contain href link properties. That would would then open into a new page that contains another UML Diagram showing only the codes, libraries, etc for that particular Component.

Example of UML Component Diagram

Is it possible to embed my UML Diagrams that, for a lack of better term, contain an object with a href property for each Component? From all I've read, this is not a common use for the UMLs and I have found no documentation that supports this ability; which leads me to believe it is not possible. However, maybe I've missed something or someone knows a way to do this? Finding a way to implement this will become even more helpful when I get into showing the UML Class Diagrams and how they all interact within the program.

As a side note, this is a UML I created, and I'm using a trial version of Edraw Max, hence the "Unlicensed Version" notation. I have also used the SimpleUML plugin for IntelliJ Idea that created a UML Class Diagram, but I have not been able to export that diagram to a usable format.

0 Answers
Related