No module named cv

Viewed 43151

I'm trying to run this script:

https://github.com/openalpr/train-detector/blob/master/crop_plates.py

I've never dealt with python before. First of all I had some syntax errors in the print lines. They were lacking parentheses...but I'm not sure if I get this error because of the Python version I installed or this was indeed a syntax error. After fixing the syntax error I'm receiving the following error:

C:\>py crop_plates.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "crop_plates.py", line 7, in <module>
import cv2, cv
ImportError: No module named cv

I did the following:

Installed Python 2.7.5 32 bits.

Installed numpy 1.9.1 32 bits (also tried different versions)

Installed matplotlib 1.3.0.

Installed OpenCv

Copied cv2.pyd from

C:\Users\Me\Downloads\opencv\build\python\2.7\x86

to

C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages

But I can't find anywhere the cv.pyd file that I'm missing.

I found references to this guide for installing Opencv but it's not working http://opencv.willowgarage.com/documentation/python/

Thank you very much,

Edit: I'm running Python in Windows 7.

4 Answers

cv2.cv doesn't exists in OpenCV 3.0. Use simply cv2

Also, the attribute is no more CV_HOUGH_GRADIENT but HOUGH_GRADIENT

So what you looking for is probably:

cv2.HOUGH_GRADIENT

It seems this code is using a old version of OpenCV. Unfortunately there is no mention of the exact version they used in their repo.

As the code is at least 2 years old, I would install opencv version 2.4.

pip install opencv-python==2.4

Related