I have a project where I need to download an audio file in ChromeDriver. The behavior here is different from in regular Chrome, where if I visit the URL, it'll automatically start downloading a file. If I do the same thing manually in ChromeDriver, it will not download the file.
I've tried different configurations of the chrome options/preferences. I've also found options that worked with old versions of chrome, that no longer work anymore.
Here is one of the better resources I found, but it still didn't work, even with their updated blog post https://dkage.wordpress.com/2012/03/10/mid-air-trick-make-selenium-download-files/
When I attempt to use his solution, my chromedriver abruptly crashes itself in a non chrome-esque way. It just disappears. Not "Something went wrong" page like you'd normally expect. I end up with Java not being able to find my Session, cause it stopped existing.
Has anyone been successful at downloading files through Selenium webdriver in Chrome? If I need to use another browser, I can.
I'm currently using Chrome Canary.