JavaScript autotesting in browsers without webdriver

Viewed 144

I am developing a js library for smart tv embeded apps, and I would like to make some autotests for my code. The problem is, smarttv's do not provide webdriver interface, so it is impossible to use test runners like karma.

I need a solution that can be embedded to a custom HTML page, run tests by my scenario and log results to a div or console. Which test frameworks are capable of that?

3 Answers

Automated tests is not clear question, so if you want unit tests you can use every unit test framework working in browser but it must be setup and this is not easy to be automated you will still need to run it manually.

But now is great solution called Suitest which is handling mainly TV platforms and write tests is easy even non-programmer guys, there is lot of ways and also CI integration option.

So it is easy to be configured to run automatically with each commit by some CI or whatever you want.

Related