HTML5 Drag and Drop Vs jQuery UI Drag and Drop

Viewed 2196

What is the best way to make a drag and drop builder in 2017? Yes, this question has been asked before but that was 5 years ago and I assume things have changed? HTML5, jQuery UI or is there another option now?

A more recent question Form Builder From Scratch - HTML 5 Drag and Drop, or JQuery UI Draggable, or What? was also left unanswered.

Any help would be great! I have started to play around with both (I have never used HTML5 or jQuery UI's Drag and Drop so it's hard for me to make a decision.) and jQuery UI does seem to be easier to use and understand but also seems quite buggy, well at least in codepen.

2 Answers

I recommend using jqueryui with a small hack called touch punch that allows you to capture the events of mobile devices such as ontouch on the screen. I prefer jqueryui because it is more complete than HTML5 and relatively easy to use. The link: http://touchpunch.furf.com

Good luck and greetings

Related