How to solve "Secure storage was unable to save the master password" in Eclipse CDT remote application with SSH password debug connection?

Viewed 10182

I'm trying to debug a C program remotely with Eclipse and gdbserver.

I have managed to make both the manual and public key SSH authentication work with Eclipse as described at: Remote debugging C++ applications with Eclipse CDT/RSE/RDT

However, if I try to create a connection with SSH password, creation fails a few error popups appear, the first of which is:

Secure storage was unable to save the master password

The first two lines of the stack trace are:

java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to get DBus session bus: Could not connect: Connection refused
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.security.linux.LinuxPasswordProvider.saveMasterPassword(Native Method)

Other exceptions I got are:

No password provided.

and:

Unable to locate secure storage module

Tested in Ubuntu 16.04 host and Eclipse Oxygen 4.7.0 downloaded from the Eclipse website.

Some possibly related issues:

1 Answers
Related