version 'Qt_5' not found Qt executable error

Viewed 2102

I'm trying to distribute my Qt program as an executable. The only people who will be using this already have the proper Qt version (5.7.1) installed on their computers. I am currently testing this out on my very own computer and attempting to run the executable fails. I ran ldd on it and got the following output:

ldd MyProg 
./MyProg: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5PrintSupport.so.5: version `Qt_5' not found (required by ./MyProg)
./MyProg: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Quick.so.5: version `Qt_5_PRIVATE_API' not found (required by ./MyProg)
./MyProg: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Quick.so.5: version `Qt_5' not found (required by ./MyProg)
./MyProg: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by ./MyProg)
./MyProg: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5' not found (required by ./MyProg)
./MyProg: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Widgets.so.5: version `Qt_5' not found (required by ./MyProg)
./MyProg: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Qml.so.5: version `Qt_5' not found (required by ./MyProg)
./MyProg: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Gui.so.5: version `Qt_5' not found (required by ./MyProg)
    linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007ffe404d4000)
    liblapack.so.3 => /usr/lib/liblapack.so.3 (0x00007faa6df37000)
    libblas.so.3 => /usr/lib/libblas.so.3 (0x00007faa6dcc8000)
    libz.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1 (0x00007faa6daad000)
    libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007faa6d890000)
    libpng16.so.16 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng16.so.16 (0x00007faa6d65f000)
    libSDL2-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL2-2.0.so.0

etc....

I'm not sure why these libraries lack the "Qt_5" variable even though they're the 5.7.1 version of the libraries. As you can see, this isn't a path issue as it's successfully finding other libs in that directory just fine.

0 Answers
Related