Need to be done: I need to simulate user interactions (journeys) across a chain of sites.
Question: Do you have any tips how to programatically controll a tab opened as a result of a simulated click?
My experience: I'm using the chrome-remote-interface npm package. I'm able to simulate a click with a custom ChromeController class which initializes the chrome-remote-interface and these methods:
async simulateClick(selector) {
return await this.evaluate(function (selector) {
document.querySelector(selector).click()
}, selector);
}
/**
* Shamelessly stolen from simple-headless-browser
*/
async evaluate (fn, ...args) {
const exp = args && args.length > 0 ? `(${String(fn)}).apply(null, ${JSON.stringify(args)})` : `(${String(fn)}).apply(null)`
const result = await this.client.Runtime.evaluate({
expression: exp,
returnByValue: true
})
return result
}
Now I would like to interact with the recently opened tab. I can get the targetId of the new tab with the experimenetal Target Domain (prototyping in node cli):
var targets;
chromeController.client.Target.getTargets().then(t => targets = t);
Which results in:
{ targetInfos:
[ { targetId: '97556479-cdb6-415c-97a1-6efa4e00b281',
type: 'page',
title: 'xxx/preview/239402/',
url: 'xxx/preview/239402/' },
{ targetId: 'bbfe11d5-8e4a-4879-9081-10bb7234209c',
type: 'page',
title: 'Document',
url: 'xxx/preview/239402/teaser/0/' } ] }
I am able to switch between the tabs with:
chromeController.client.Target.activateTarget({targetId:'xxx'})
However I'm not able to get any interaction with this, I can't find the connection, how to load it into the Page and Runtime objects.
I've searched in the docs and also tried googling: 'site:chromedevtools.github.io targetId' which only lead me to
> chromeController.client.Browser.getWindowForTarget({targetId: '97556479-cdb6-415c-97a1-6efa4e00b281'}).catch(e => console.log(e.message));
Promise { <pending> }
> 'Browser.getWindowForTarget' wasn't found
I've also tried to Target.setDiscoverTargets({discover: true}) and to close the original tab.
Thanks for any help!