Batch file flashing command prompt in endless loop after being executed

Viewed 1433

Background

I want to use ROBOCOPY to backup folders. To learn this, I created a test source folder, containing other subfolders and dummy files.

F:\RoboCopy\RoboCopy_Files

I am able to ROBOCOPY the source folder from the Command line and PowerShell (with using Windows 10).

ROBOCOPY "RoboCopy_Files" "RoboCopy_Files_Testing" /MIR

It does exactly what I want.
Now I put the command into batch file Robocopy.cmd.

Problem symptoms

However, when I put the same command into Robocopy.cmd file, in the root F:\RoboCopy folder and run it, I get only flashing cmd window with my command repeated on ever increasing number of lines.

How can I put the command into a CMD file (e.g. Robocopy.cmd) for later use/share/schedule? How to prevent command prompt from flashing in endless loop without running the command?

Note: I feel this is more about learning how to put cmd scripts into files, than how to use ROBOCOPY.

1 Answers
Related