Set scroll line count

Viewed 5742

In the Visual Studio Code, how do I adjust the scrollable lines when scrolling the mouse?

It scrolls 8 lines, but I want it to scroll 3 lines only.

4 Answers

Using the "editor.mouseWheelScrollSensitivity" setting.
(Go to settings and type in "scroll" to find the setting).

A value of:

  • 0.45 will give you 1 line
  • 0.9 will give you 2 lines
  • 1.35 will give you 3 lines
  • and so on...

Quirimmo I correct. A multiplier of "0.4" works nicely to change the scroll-height from about 2-1/2 lines to about 1 line, with each 'notch' as I spin my mouse wheel.

To be safe: Always use a leading 0, in-front-of a decimal-point, for decimal numbers less-than 'one'.

In other words, 'Never' express a decimal number by starting it with a decimal-point: Use a zero first, as for example: 0.9, 0.666, 0.003,...

It scrolls 8 lines, but I want it to scroll 3 lines only.

In VSCode terminal, this should now be adjustable, with VSCode 1.71 (Aug. 2022). See issue 125950 and PR 156993, trakced by xtermjs/xterm.js issue 1140.

This comes in addition of the existing terminal.integrated.mouseWheelScrollSensitivity setting.

This is visible in VSCode Insiders today.

Related