Unable to run webpack-dev-server on react-native-web. ERROR: You may need an appropriate loader to handle this file type

Viewed 1490

I am trying to dive into React ecosystem and having issues with using react-native-web with my React Native Application. I have hosted the application on https://github.com/thedarklord1/testNativeWithWeb. I have used Redux Store and React Native to build a very simple POC to build a calculator. The Android and the iOS versions are executing as expected. The issue that I am facing is that, while trying to run webpack-dev-server, to use react-native-web for web, it is failing with the error

ERROR in ./src/App.js
Module parse failed: /Users/abhishekkumar/Desktop/Credifiable/front_end/testNativeWithWeb/src/App.js Unexpected token (9:6)
You may need an appropriate loader to handle this file type.
|   render() {

|     return (
|       <Provider store={store}>
|         <AppContainer/>
|       </Provider>
 @ ./index.web.js 1:0-28
 @ multi (webpack)-dev-server/client?http://localhost:8080 webpack/hot/dev-server ./index.web.js

I am fairly new to the React and WebPack ecosystem and any help or pointer is appreciated. TIA.

EDIT: I am using the command webpack-dev-server -d --config web/webpack.config.js --inline --hot --colors to run the server.

2 Answers
Related