Tabula-py - ImportError: No module named tabula

Viewed 15037

I am trying to use Tabula-py to read a pdf. I installed tabula-py through pip install tabula-py

I have also installed the required dependencies

requests
pandas
pytest
flake8

My code is currently as follows:

import tabula
import pandas as pd

df = tabula.read_pdf("report.pdf", pages=2)
print(df)

I am getting the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "tabula_pdf_reader.py", line 1, in <module>
  import tabula
ImportError: No module named tabula

Any inputs to what I am missing here?

4 Answers

I faced this same issue in Ubuntu.

First, check the version of the JDK and JRE that are installed on your machine by running java --version and javac --version. Each should have a version greater than 7.

Then use pip3 to install tabula.

I got the same issue here when executing on Terminal. However, after I ran by starting with 'ipython3' instead of 'ipython', it worked perfectly. You have to make sure that tabula-py module is installed in python3 directory, not python2

use this

 import camelot
 tables = camelot.read_pdf('foo.pdf')
 tables.export('foo.csv', f='csv', compress=True)

For macOS users - an update to Monterey operating system will solve the problem.

Related