hadoop fs -rm -skipTrash doesn't work

Viewed 21424

I copied some files from a directory to directory using

hadoop distcp -Dmapreduce.job.queuename=adhoc /user/comverse/data/$CURRENT_DATE_NO_DASH_*/*rcr.gz /apps/hive/warehouse/arstel.db/fair_usage/fct_evkuzmin04/file_rcr/

I stopped the scipt before it finished and the remained a lot of .distcp.tmp.attempt and files that fnished moving in the dst directory

Now I want to clean the dst directory. After running

hadoop fs -rm -skipTrash /apps/hive/warehouse/arstel.db/fair_usage/fct_evkuzmin04/file_mta/*

most of the files were deleted, but some remained(at least that's what HUE shows). The strange thing is, every time I run hadoop fs -rm -skipTrash, according to HUE, the number of remaining files changes to more or less.

I tried

hadoop fs -ls /apps/hive/warehouse/arstel.db/fair_usage/fct_evkuzmin04/file_mta/

and saw that some of the files that should be deleted were still there. Then I run

hadoop fs -rm -skipTrash /apps/hive/warehouse/arstel.db/fair_usage/fct_evkuzmin04/file_mta/*

a dozen more times and there were always more files to delete(There still are). What is happening?

ALSO

Each time I refresh the page in hue, the number of files grows. HALP.

EDIT

It seems that stopping distcp in the command line doesn't actually kill the job. That was the reason.

2 Answers
Related