How do I deploy a new version of a lambda from `dotnet lambda deploy-serverless`

Viewed 1336

I'm deploying a .NET Core Web API project into Amazon Lambda using this tutorial:
Creating .NET Core AWS Lambda Projects without Visual Studio

I have successfully executed the command stack and got the sample Web API app running in Lambda behind an API Gateway:

  1. dotnet new lambda.AspNetCoreWebAPI
  2. dotnet restore
  3. dotnet build
  4. dotnet lambda deploy-serverless -sn stackname -sb bucketname --profile-location ./credentials

So far so good, and I can get to the app via the execute-api.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com address and it works.

However, I want to take advantage of the lambda features around versioning so that every time I deploy, it creates a new deployment and allows me to have the API Gateway stages pointing at differing versions of the lambda.

However there is only one version, $latest, which always points to the last deployment.

How can I make it have an incrementing version number with the deployments instead of it always just overwriting the $latest?

0 Answers
Related