Unable to gossip with any seeds but continuing since node is in its own seed list

Viewed 1486

To remove a node from 2 node cluster in AWS I ran

nodetool removenode <Host ID>

After this I was supposed to get my cluster back if I put all the cassandra.yaml and cassandra-rackdc.properties correctly. I did it but still, I am not able to get back my cluster.

nodetool status is displaying only one node.

significant system.log on cassandra is :

INFO  [main] 2017-08-14 13:03:46,409 StorageService.java:553 - Cassandra version: 3.9
INFO  [main] 2017-08-14 13:03:46,409 StorageService.java:554 - Thrift API version: 20.1.0
INFO  [main] 2017-08-14 13:03:46,409 StorageService.java:555 - CQL supported versions: 3.4.2 (default: 3.4.2)
INFO  [main] 2017-08-14 13:03:46,445 IndexSummaryManager.java:85 - Initializing index summary manager with a memory pool size of 198 MB and a resize interval of 60 minutes
INFO  [main] 2017-08-14 13:03:46,459 MessagingService.java:570 - Starting Messaging Service on /172.15.81.249:7000 (eth0)
INFO  [ScheduledTasks:1] 2017-08-14 13:03:48,424 TokenMetadata.java:448 - Updating topology for all endpoints that have changed
WARN  [main] 2017-08-14 13:04:17,497 Gossiper.java:1388 - Unable to gossip with any seeds but continuing since node is in its own seed list
INFO  [main] 2017-08-14 13:04:17,499 StorageService.java:687 - Loading persisted ring state
INFO  [main] 2017-08-14 13:04:17,500 StorageService.java:796 - Starting up server gossip

Content of files:

cassandra.yaml : https://pastebin.com/A3BVUUUr

cassandra-rackdc.properties: https://pastebin.com/xmmvwksZ

system.log : https://pastebin.com/2KA60Sve

netstat -atun https://pastebin.com/Dsd17i0G

Both the nodes have same error log.

All required ports are open.

Any suggestion ?

2 Answers
Related