Getting error /usr/lib/../lib64/libSM.so: undefined reference to `uuid_unparse_lower@UUID_1.0' when trying to complie newest version of vim

Viewed 8023

I try to install the newest version of vim on Red Hat 6.6. I use the script below to run configure:

# change to folder where vim sources are
cd ~/vim

# here I compiled newest version of libuuid.
LIBDIR="/home/muellc1b/uuid/lib"


export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LIBDIR:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH # prepend to path
export LDFLAGS="-L$LIBDIR"
#export LIBS="-llibuuid.so"

./configure \
    --prefix=/home/muellc1b/vim_installation
     #LIBS="-l$LIBDIR" \
     #LDFLAGS="-L$LIBDIR"

When trying to run the makefile, I get the following errors:

  gcc   -L/home/muellc1b/uuid/lib -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,--as-needed [...]   -pthread -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgio-2.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lglib-2.0   -lSM -lICE -lXt -lX11 -lSM -lICE  -lm -ltinfo -lelf -lnsl  -lselinux -lacl -lattr -lgpm
/usr/lib/../lib64/libSM.so: undefined reference to `uuid_unparse_lower@UUID_1.0'
/usr/lib/../lib64/libSM.so: undefined reference to `uuid_generate@UUID_1.0'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Can someone point me to a solution on how to correctly link my custom library?

1 Answers
Related