How to find the difference between two matrices in Python with the result should not have any values with minus sign

Viewed 13252

I have a Panda Dataframe with two columns (Word and Word_Position) in it. I need to find the distance between words and present the output in matrix form for better readability.

What I have done so far is I have created a row matrix from the DF.Word_Position column and transposed it to create a column matrix. When I subtracted both these matrices, I am getting few values with minus sign before them.

With all due respect to the great mathematics, this is absolutely correct but for my requirement I just need the number and not the minus sign.

Is there any other better way to do the same ? Appreciating your help. Thanks in advance.

Note : I am using Python 3.6

Code snippets and its corresponding output for your reference

m1 = np.matrix(df1['Word Position'])
print(m1)
[[ 1  2  3 ..., 19 20 21]]

m2 = np.matrix(m1.T)
print(m2)
[[ 1]
 [ 2]
 [ 3]
 ..., 
 [19]
 [20]
 [21]]

print(m2-m1)
[[  0  -1  -2 ..., -18 -19 -20]
 [  1   0  -1 ..., -17 -18 -19]
 [  2   1   0 ..., -16 -17 -18]
 ..., 
 [ 18  17  16 ...,   0  -1  -2]
 [ 19  18  17 ...,   1   0  -1]
 [ 20  19  18 ...,   2   1   0]]
3 Answers
Related