how to clone all branches and not just master in Atom Text Editor

Viewed 6940

I have a repository on Github which consist of two branches. I am trying to use Git-Plus:Clone in Atom to try to clone all repositories. However, all my attempts have failed and only the master branch gets cloned. I have looked this problem up on SE but could not find a way to do it. Can someone kindly help me figure this out. Thanks in advance !

2 Answers

In Atom, install Git Plus package in Preferences, then toggle command palette (on mac it's cmd+shift+p) and type checkout, select "Git Plus: Checkout Remote" from the suggested list of items in the drop-down menu.

Then you just need to select the target repo and branch you wish to check out and the remote branch will become local and you will be able to work on it and switch between different branches.

Related