SSRS 2012 Text missing when exporting to pdf or excel

Viewed 1048

I have an SSRS (2012) .rdl main report that calls a subreport. This subreport is displaying a column which is a very long string.

If I call the subreport directly, this column displays the entirety of the text.

enter image description here

If I call the main report (which subsequently calls, among others, the afforementioned subreport), the preview in the SSRS page also shows the entire text as it's supposed to, but when I export it to .pdf or excel, all the text after the first line is missing (the first line of text is shown, and the rest of the space where the text should is just blank).

enter image description here

This issue does not occur when calling the subreport directly, but it does when I call the main report.

Furthermore, I have 2 environments with these reports installed, Production and Development, and the issue does not occur in Development, but it does in Production, and only if I call the main report!

I have already checked all the .rdl, .rsd and .dll files installed on both environments, and all of them are exact matches. The text itself, is the same for this column on both databases (I think). I have confirmed that "Page Width >= Body Width + Left Margin + Right Margin", also I tried on the Report Properties changing the margins from cm to Inches and back to cm to get the margins rounded up by 4 or 5 decimal digits, none of it worked.

I have looked extensively for problems similar to mine, but none of them were properly answered. I have no idea what is causing this, but considering that the subreport works just fine, that the same main report works fine in Development, and that even on the preview of the Production environment all of the text is shown, I suspect it may have something to do with the exporting process. The browser used is always the same in all scenarios, IE11. The PDF is Acrobat Reader DC.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

0 Answers
Related