Saving/retrieving file in ProgramData folder using OfficeJS

Viewed 182

I am new in "Apps for Office" development. I am using task pane in my add-in. From my add-in I am trying to save some file to "C:\ProgramData" folder. In VSTO I can easily access local folders using C# code and save file there:

SpecialFolder.CommonApplicationData

Is there any way to have the local file access using OfficeJS and save a file there? My point is that as OfficeJs using word context and word can save file anywhere my local pc, so there may be a way of saving file in local PC programmatically.

I have checked the OfficeJS document and also searched in stack overflow but do not find any way to do that. Is it possible to do? If possible what is the proper way to implement this ?

Again I am new in "Apps for Office" development. I may miss any initial knowledge regarding my question. Please refer me the proper way. Thanks in advance for any types of help.

1 Answers
Related