Hide action bar 3 dots but display items

Viewed 1130

I am having an issue where i have 2 items in my action bar (one 'refresh' button and one 'Save' Button, but for some reason they do not show, instead they are nested inside an options menu (3 dots). Would anyone know how to remove the 3 dots menu and display my 2 items? I have tried many things but ultimately I just end up removing all three items. Thanks in advance.

Here is my code

add_event_action.xml (this is my menu xml)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<menu xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<item
    android:id="@+id/action_refresh"
    android:showAsAction="always"
    android:icon="@drawable/ic_action_refresh"
    android:title="Refresh"/>

<item
    android:id="@+id/action_save"
    android:showAsAction="always"
    android:title="@string/save"/>
</menu>

Here is my Java class

public class RandomActivity extends AppCompatActivity {

    @Override
    protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.activity_events_list);

    }

    @Override
    public boolean onCreateOptionsMenu(Menu menu) {
        MenuInflater inflater = getMenuInflater();
        inflater.inflate(R.menu.add_event_action, menu);
        return true;
    }

    @Override
    public boolean onOptionsItemSelected(MenuItem item) {
        switch (item.getItemId()) {
            // action with ID action_refresh was selected
            case R.id.action_refresh:
                Toast.makeText(this, "Refresh selected", Toast.LENGTH_SHORT)
                        .show();
                break;
            // action with ID action_settings was selected
            case R.id.action_save:
                Toast.makeText(this, "Save selected", Toast.LENGTH_SHORT)
                        .show();
                break;
            default:
                break;
        }

        return true;
    }
}
3 Answers
Related