IntelliJ keeps switching to UTF8 (I want to set CP-1252)

Viewed 1109

I have some projects which are encoded with Windows-1252/CP-1252 and I can't change the encoding. The problem is, no matter what I do, intelliJ will keep trying to read these files as UTF-8 unless I manually put every single file in the encoding list.

That requires a lot of time and effort, it's error-prone and it's not a solution at all. I have set the entire project and IDE encoding as CP-1252 but it keeps trying to read files as UTF-8 anyway.

I don't know what causes that. We are using Subversion to commit files and maven to compile (which uses UTF-8 to read files except for the super POM which uses CP-1252).

Any idea how to solve the problem? I gave a look at other posts but I found no real solution yet. I'm currently using the last IntelliJ version (2017.1.2)

1 Answers
Related