I'm attempting to setup firebase-admin with google-app-engine standard python. My dev environment is windows and I've followed the library setup as indicated in how to install 3rd party libraries. The firebase website indicates that firebase-admin has been tested on app engine, but there are no instructions or indication as to whether it was tested in standard, flexible or both. I've started with the most basic example and just tried the first import from the firebase generic documentation.
import webapp2
import firebase_admin
class MainPage(webapp2.RequestHandler):
def get(self):
self.response.headers['Content-Type'] = 'text/plain'
self.response.write('Hello, World!')
app = webapp2.WSGIApplication([
('/', MainPage),
], debug=True)
The result is
ImportError: The requests library is not installed, please install the requests package to use the requests transport.
The requests library in lib during the install of firebase-admin so I'm not sure why I get this message. If I add import requests immediately before import firebase_admin I will instead get this message.
ImportError: No module named _winreg
I'd like to use firebase-admin if at all possible so if anyone is familiar with this situation and how to resolve it please let me know. Also, I am not interested in using the flexible environment, this is a question for the standard environment only.