How to install pandas in pycharm

Viewed 175983

I am trying to install the pandas package in pycharm. I get the following error: unable to find vcvarsall.bat (i tried to install via the cmd but also via the project interpreter). I tried to install WSDK according to here but it did not work. I also tried the instructions in the video. Lastly i tried downloading the gcc binary according.

None of these worked. Any ideas ? I am using Windows 10, my python version is 3.4.1 and the pip version is 1.5.6 (for 64-bit)

5 Answers

If you are on latest PyCharm 2018 then follow the below steps to install:

MAC:

Click on PyCharm shown on the Menu bar -> Click Preferences -> Click Project Interpreter under your Project -> Click '+' -> search for 'pandas'/'numpy' (you can specify specific version you want to install) and Click install underneath. Now you're done.

Just write your program, use pandas library. import pandas -> under pandas you will see red lines. Hover your mouse there you will see install option just click it and wait for few minutes.

Related