GoLang send file via POST request

Viewed 23248

I am new in GoLang language, and I want to create REST API WebServer for file uploading...

So I am stuck in main function (file uploading) via POST request to my server...

I have this line for calling upload function

router.POST("/upload", UploadFile)

and this is my upload function:

func UploadFile( w http.ResponseWriter, r *http.Request, _ httprouter.Params ) {
    io.WriteString(w, "Upload files\n")
    postFile( r.Form.Get("file"), "/uploads" )
}

func postFile(filename string, targetUrl string) error {
    bodyBuf := &bytes.Buffer{}
    bodyWriter := multipart.NewWriter(bodyBuf)

    // this step is very important
    fileWriter, err := bodyWriter.CreateFormFile("file", filename)
    if err != nil {
        fmt.Println("error writing to buffer")
        return err
    }

    // open file handle
    fh, err := os.Open(filename)
    if err != nil {
        fmt.Println("error opening file")
        return err
    }

    //iocopy
    _, err = io.Copy(fileWriter, fh)
    if err != nil {
        panic(err)
    }

    bodyWriter.FormDataContentType()
    bodyWriter.Close()

    return err

}

but I can't see any uploaded files in my /upload/ directory...

So what am I doing wrong?

P.S I am getting second error => error opening file, so I think something wrong in file uploading or getting file from UploadFile function, am I right? If yes, than how I can teancfer or get file from this function to postFile function?

2 Answers
Related