install.sh has python problems when installing Google Cloud SDK on OS X

Viewed 5866

I'm trying to install Google Cloud SDK for OS X from here https://cloud.google.com/sdk/docs/quickstart-mac-os-x

I unzip it and then try to run the install.sh script by doing sh install.sh but keep getting this error:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: can't open file '/Users/bill/bin/bootstrapping/install.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I tried installing and uninstalling Python and also changing which version of Python the installer uses by doing CLOUDSDK_PYTHON=path/to/pyton2.7, but it didn't resolve the iusse.

2 Answers

For me, here how I solve it.

The google-cloud-sdk folder was in /Users/MyUserName/Downloads and I saw that I had the same command error:

can't open file '/Users/MyUserName/Downloads/bin/bootstrapping/install.py'

I saw that the "google-cloud-sdk" folder was not mentioned in the path. So I said to myself that I should try to launch the full command in the upper folder and... it worked :)

In other words:

  • I downloaded the file from: https://cloud.google.com/sdk/docs/?hl=fr in my download folder (/Users/MyUserName/Downloads)
  • I opened the terminal and typed: cd /Users/MyUserName/Downloads
  • Then I typed ./google-cloud-sdk/install.sh

Hope this will help! :)

Cheers,

When I open Terminal the prompt is in my user $myuser. What I've done is to create a new folder in the Documents folder and move the unzipped google-cloud-sdk folder there. Then I call to the install.sh file from the Terminal.

  1. Download and extract the tar.gz archive. We will get a folder called google-cloud-sdk in the downloads folder.
  2. Move the unzipped google-cloud-sdk folder to any convenient location on your file system. For example, create a new folder called code in the Documents folder of your user and move it there.
  3. In Terminal go to the new folder: cd documents/code
  4. Write ./google-cloud-sdk/install.sh
  5. The SDK is installed.

Hope it can help anyone :-)

Related