html2canvas screenshot keeps turning up blank

Viewed 13856

I am trying to get a screenshot of the images to the right of the mauve line (so below the heading "today's outfit" (screenshot shown below).

enter image description here I'm using html2canvas to do this, but each time I click the "snapshot" button, I keep getting a blank screenshot.

Here is my HTML:

<div id="sidebar"><br/><center><h1 class = "outfitheading">Today's Outfit</h1></center>
  <div id = "outfit">
    <center><div class = "clothediv" id = "hatdiv" class="dropzone" ondrop="drop(event)" ondragover="allowDrop(event)">

    </div></center>
    <center><div class = "clothediv" id= "semitopdiv" class="dropzone" ondrop="drop(event)" ondragover="allowDrop(event)">

      </div></center>


     <center><div class = "clothediv" id = "topdiv" class="dropzone" ondrop="drop(event)" ondragover="allowDrop(event)">

     </div></center>


   <center><div class = "clothediv" id = "legweardiv" class="dropzone" ondrop="drop(event)" ondragover="allowDrop(event)">

     </div></center>


  <center><div class = "clothediv" id = "shoediv" class="dropzone" ondrop="drop(event)" ondragover="allowDrop(event)">
  </div></center>


  </div>

  <button onclick="takeScreenShot()">Snapshot</button>
  <center><div id= "likebutton" style = "display:none; visibility: hidden">
    <a href = "#" ><i id = "outlinehearticon" class="fa fa-heart-o fa-2x" aria-hidden="true" onclick = {fillHeart()}></i></a>
    <a href = "#"  ><i id = "filledhearticon" class="fa fa-heart fa-2x" aria-hidden="true" style = "display:none; visibility: visible" onclick = {unfillHeart()}></i></a>

    <script>
      $(document).ready(function(){
          $('[data-toggle="popover"]').popover(); 
      });
    </script>

  </div></center>
      <br/>
      <br/>
 <div class = "buttons"><center>
      <button class = "btn btn-lg btn-secondary generatebutton" style = "display: inline-block" type = "button"  id= "generateoutfitbutton" onclick = {generateOutfit()}>Generate Outfit</button> 
      <!--<p><center>or</center></p>-->
      &nbsp
      &nbsp

      <button class = "btn btn-lg btn-secondary collagebutton" style = "display: inline-block" type = "button" id= "collagebutton" onclick = {clearCanvas()}>Make your Own</button></center>
</div>

</div>

And here is my javascript:

var takeScreenShot = function() {
    html2canvas(document.getElementById("outfit"), {
        onrendered: function (canvas) {
            var tempcanvas=document.createElement('canvas');
            tempcanvas.width=465.5;
            tempcanvas.height=524;
            var context=tempcanvas.getContext('2d');
            context.drawImage(canvas,465.5,40,465.5,524,0,0,465.5,524);
            var link=document.createElement("a");
            link.href=tempcanvas.toDataURL('image/jpg');   //function blocks CORS
            link.download = 'screenshot.jpg';
            link.click();
        }
    });
}

Here is a shortened-down jsfiddle for my code: https://jsfiddle.net/e51yepcz/

Does anyone know why the snapshot doesn't work or how I can fix it? Thanks.

1 Answers
Related