How can I make my UIImage the same height as the intrinsic height of my UILabel using AutoLayout?

Viewed 1045

I want to use a horizontal stack view to place an icon (UIImage) next to a label (UILabel). I want it so the icon is always the same height as the label's text. If the user increases the system font size, I want the icon to adjust accordingly to remain the same height.

Note the stack view with the icon and label are in a UITableViewCell.

How can I do this?

So far I have the following AutoLayout settings:

  • UITableViewCell height set to default.
  • Stack view constrained to the size of the UITableViewCell.
  • Stack view alignment and distribution set to fill.
  • UILabel content hugging priority 250 and compression resistance priority 750.
  • UIImageView content hugging priority 250 and compression resistance priority 749.
  • UIImageView aspect ratio 1:1.
  • UIImageView the same height as the UILabel.

All I get is this: enter image description here

Needless to say I have tried many different combinations but this is the best I get. I want the UIImageView (Facebook logo) to be the same height as 'Some text'.

I want this: enter image description here

1 Answers
Related