I'm using Node.js with two modules and one script that depends on them:
lib/Bar.js
module.exports = class Bar {
// ..
};
lib/Foo.js
const Bar = require('./Bar.js');
module.exports = class Foo {
/**
* @return {Bar} A Bar instance
*/
get someBar() {
return new Bar();
}
};
main.js
const Foo = require('./lib/Foo.js');
checkFoo(new Foo());
/**
* @param {Foo} foo A Foo instance
*/
function checkFoo(foo) {
foo. // I get suggestions for Foo properties
foo.someBar. // I get suggestions for Bar properties
checkBar(foo.someBar);
}
/**
* @param {Bar} bar a Bar instance
*/
function checkBar(bar) {
bar. // I get no suggestions!
}
My code editor Visual Studio Code uses IntelliSense to give the user suggestions about Foo and Bar properties, which works correctly inside the checkFoo method as the type of foo is declared as Foo object, and the type of foo.someBar is declared in the Foo class as a Bar object.
But as soon as I pass this Bar instance to another method (checkBar), the type Bar isn't recognized (probably because I don't require the module). Is there a special syntax in JSDoc to specify a type as being declared in another module? Or is this just an issue with VSCode?