Running Supervisor on Heroku

Viewed 1814

I was wondering if anyone knows how to run Supervisor on Heroku to manage queue workers? I've managed to get Supervisor running locally for my Laravel app, but have no idea how to create more worker processes to go through the job queue quicker.

I asked Heroku's support on this and they said it should work, but they don't have any documentation for this, nor do I think they would want to help figure this out for me. Currently the only way to get more workers on a queue (I'm using SQS) is to create more processes through the Procfile which you have to pay for additional dynos, or scale up if you're on the performance dynos.

Seems kinda inefficient for me as my current worker process only uses up < 60MB working through the queue, and the memory limit of the hobby dynos are 512MB. It's a waste to spin up more dynos when the existing dynos are underutilized.

I've googled for hours but haven't been able to find a solution to this.

Is this even possible in the first place? Thanks.

2 Answers

I will advise you to go with a docker image that has supervisor in it.

Related