Coming from Java background, I am working on php codebase and want to add unit tests for my code.
I have a service class which has a DAO class as below :
class ServiceClass {
private $daoClass;
public function methodToTest(){}
}
I don't provide a constructor nor do I add a setter method for the daoClass property. This is because it will get injected using PHP-DI IoC container.
For unit testing, I am using phpunit, so I am mocking the daoClass object and using reflection to inject that property directly (as there is no constructor or setter for that property).
In java, we can easily do this without the reflection stuff using @InjectMocks annotation or MockitoAnnotations.initMocks method.
I am not able to find a similar way to do this in phpunit.
Also, a different but related question, is there any way in my test I can create a private property and annotate it with some tag, and it automatically gets converted to a mock object instance? Like how mockito in Java does it @Mock annotation.