I'm trying to load a csv file using pd.read_csv but I get the following unicode error:
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xcc in position 3: invalid continuation byte
I'm trying to load a csv file using pd.read_csv but I get the following unicode error:
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xcc in position 3: invalid continuation byte
I got the following error
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 51: invalid continuation byte
This was because I made changes to the file and its encoding. You could also try to change the encoding of file to utf-8 using some code or nqq editor in ubuntu as it provides directory option to change encoding. If problem remains then try to undo all the changes made to the file or change the directory.
Hope this helps
I had this same issue recently. This was what I did import pandas as pd data = pd.read_csv(filename, encoding= 'unicode_escape')