How can I set OnClickListener to two buttons in RecyclerView?

Viewed 9333

In my android app I have one activity to show a RecyclerView in which each row is composed by a TextView and 2 buttons. Just like that:

ListAdapter Layout

Well, following many explanations of internet I have made this Adapter:

public class ListAdapter extends 
RecyclerView.Adapter<ListAdapter.ViewHolder> {

    private LayoutInflater layoutInflater;
    protected Vector<List> lists;

    public ListAdapter(Context context, Vector lists) {
        layoutInflater = (LayoutInflater) 
context.getSystemService(Context.LAYOUT_INFLATER_SERVICE);
        this.lists = lists;
    }

    @Override
    public ViewHolder onCreateViewHolder(ViewGroup parent, int viewType) {
        View view = layoutInflater.inflate(R.layout.listadapter, null);
        return new ViewHolder(view);
    }

    @Override
    public void onBindViewHolder(ViewHolder holder, int position) {
        List list = lists.elementAt(position);
        holder.name.setText(list.getName());
        //holder.delete.set HOW DO I GET BUTTON HERE?
    }

    @Override
    public int getItemCount() {
        return lists.size();
    }

    public static class ViewHolder extends RecyclerView.ViewHolder 
implements View.OnClickListener {
        public TextView name;
        public Button edit;
        public Button delete;

        public ViewHolder(View itemView) {
            super(itemView);
            name = (TextView) itemView.findViewById(R.id.listname);
            edit = (Button) itemView.findViewById(R.id.edit);
            delete = (Button) itemView.findViewById(R.id.delete);

            edit.setOnClickListener(this);
        }

        @Override
        public void onClick(View view) {
            switch (view.getId()) {
                case R.id.edit:
                    break;
                case R.id.delete:
                    break;
                default:
                    break;
            }
        }
    }
}

I haven't found examples of having 2 buttons (there are only examples of adding images) in each view of the recyclerview, as in the first image. I mean, guess I have 10 List elements in my RecyclerView, how can I have in each of them to one side a TextView with the name of the List and 2 buttons and handle clickListener?. As in the following image, which I have done by hand for you to see what I am talking about:

enter image description here

This is the activity that will show the recyclerView; don't take it into account because I am pretty sure the way is wrong. I get lists information from sqlite database:

public class ShowListOfLists extends AppCompatActivity {

private RecyclerView recyclerView;
private RecyclerView.LayoutManager layoutManager;


@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
    setContentView(R.layout.activity_show_list_of_lists);
    LocalDB localDB = new LocalDB(this, "localBD", null, 1);
    Vector <List> ListAdapter = localDB.getAllPrivateList();

    recyclerView = (RecyclerView) findViewById(R.id.recyclerviewlistas);
    recyclerView.setAdapter(new ListAdapter(this, ListAdapter));
    layoutManager = new LinearLayoutManager(this);
    recyclerView.setLayoutManager(layoutManager);
}

A list have the following attributes:

-idList int
-name String
-Description String
-creationDate Date
-active int (0 or 1)
-deactivationDate Date

Thank you in advance.

/*******************************EDIT****************************************/

Thank to you I have been able to show the recyclerView and it works well. But I see that:

recyclerviewresult

Instead of that:

enter image description here

This the XML code and design of the adapter:

ListAdapter Layout

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="60dp"
android:background="@drawable/rectangle_bg"
android:orientation="horizontal"
android:weightSum="1"
android:layout_marginTop="5dp">

<TextView
    android:id="@+id/listname"
    android:layout_width="0dp"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:layout_marginTop="20dp"
    android:layout_weight="0.75"
    android:gravity="center_vertical"
    android:text="TextView"
    android:textSize="15sp"/>

<LinearLayout
    android:layout_width="0dp"
    android:layout_height="match_parent"
    android:layout_weight="0.25"
    android:gravity="end"
    android:orientation="vertical">

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/delete"
        android:layout_width="match_parent"
        android:layout_height="30dp"
        android:background="@android:color/transparent"
        android:contentDescription="Delete"
        app:srcCompat="@android:drawable/ic_menu_delete" />

    <ImageButton
        android:id="@+id/edit"
        android:layout_width="match_parent"
        android:layout_height="30dp"
        android:background="@android:color/transparent"
        android:contentDescription="Edit"
        app:srcCompat="@android:drawable/ic_menu_edit" />

    </LinearLayout>

</LinearLayout>

And this is the XML of the recyclerview

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<android.support.v7.widget.RecyclerView 
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
    xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
    android:layout_width="wrap_content"
    android:layout_height="match_parent"
    tools:context="com.pc.kanayel.runoutof.ShowListOfLists"
    android:orientation="vertical"
    android:id="@+id/recyclerviewlistas">

</android.support.v7.widget.RecyclerView>
2 Answers
Related