jQuery and Bootstrap: Warning on console - Failed resource

Viewed 736

Some time ago I updated my jQuery and since then my project has stopped executing Javascript all over.

This is the script in the Index page I use to test the use of JS:

@section scripts{
 <script src="~/js/jquery-3.2.1.min.js"></script>
<script src="~/lib/bootstrap/dist/js/bootstrap.js"></script>
<script>
     console.log("hi");
 </script>

}

This is the result in the console:

enter image description here

What catches my eye is:

Uncaught Error: Bootstrap's JavaScript requires jQuery. jQuery must be included before Bootstrap's JavaScript.

Going in detail on that alert I see:

if (typeof jQuery === 'undefined') {
  throw new Error('Bootstrap\'s JavaScript requires jQuery. 
jQuery must be included before Bootstrap\'s JavaScript.')}

Checking jQuery now:

enter image description here

It has a tag saying its extrange (extraño in spanish)

UPDATE

I decided to uninstall jQuery and bootstrap and reinstall them: First jQuery and then Bootstrap.

After that, Bower looks like this.

enter image description here

Still not working tho

Checking the Network console (as required by user) I got this:

enter image description here

There is a bunch of kendo ui not loading

Note: I installed kendo ui back in the day because I needed a editable grid, but since it sucked, I made my own and discarded kendo ui.

UPDATE x2

Note: I'm working on ASP.NET Core

It seems that the answer might be that jQuery must load before Bootstrap.

To check this I'm going thru diferent files (bower.json, _Layout.cshtml) since I don't usually reference the scripts in each file. My project usually has a reference in the background that load these scripts into each view automaticaly I believe.

For example, I never reference the kendo ui on the Index page, but in the Console I see that it is failing to load (because it is uninstalled) but is been called.

For this I checked the _Layout.cshtml

enter image description here

Here I can see my references that work for the whole project I believe and it seems the order is correct.

Hope this help to any reply! Thanks

1 Answers
Related