SSIS does not recognize Indexes?

Viewed 301

I have a table with a non-Clustered index on a varchar column 'A'.
when I use Order By A clause I can see it scans the index and gives me the result in a few seconds.
But when I use Sort Component of SSIS for column 'A', I can see it takes minutes to sort records.


So I understand that it does not recognize my non-clustered index


Does anyone has any idea for using indexes for SSIS but not using queries instead of components??

3 Answers

As I researched and working with SSIS these times I found out that the only way to use indexes is to connnect to database. However, when you fetch your data in the flow, all you have are just records and data. no indexes!


So for tasks like Merge Join which needs a Sort component before that, I tried to use Lookup component instead with full cache option. and cache whole data then use ORDER BY in the Source component query

Related