Debug jhipster modules

Viewed 418

I have created a jhipster module (yeoman generator) following steps from [1] and I would have loved to be able to debug the node.js code from the generator at the moment when it is being used in a jhipster app. I found tool at [2] but it acts as if the code from the generator does not get to be run.

Detailed explanation:

I have created the jhipster module generator-jhipster-entity-replacer.

I created a project jhipster-test-proj in whom I invoke the generator.

yo jhipster-entity-replacer

This is the moment where I would like to see that my breakpoints from generator-jhipster-entity-replacer node.js code are toggled, but nothing happens.

May someone help me with detailed explanation?

I might have been a little blury in explanations due to the fact that I have moreover a stronger Java background then Javascript related one. If someone can help me, but needs more information, please ask.

[1] https://jhipster.github.io/modules/creating-a-module/

[2] https://github.com/node-inspector/node-inspector

1 Answers
Related